Thursday, October 10, 2019

Delight in the Law of God Romans 7:22


Paul the apostle told the people in Rome, Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwells in me”, and he added, “I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.” In chapter seven and verse twenty-two of Romans, Paul told his readers, “I delight in the law of God” where we read:

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

The verse begins, For I delight in the law of God ...” Paul began with the word, “for” which means “even as, indeed, no doubt, seeing then, verily and therefore” “I delight” or “Paul rejoices together to feel satisfaction” “in the law” which refers to “in the rule producing a state approved” “of God” or “pertaining to the Godhead bodily and trinity which is comprised of God the Father, Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit”. Paul “rejoiced” in the “rule” which was acceptable to God.

The verse continues, “... after the inward man:” Paul added the word, “after” which means “down from, through out, according to and toward” “the inner” or “the inside soul and conscience” “man” which refers to “human being whether male or female”. Paul “rejoiced in God's rule” within his “soul and conscience”.

When we meditate upon these words of Paul, we see the importance of the “inner man” as it relates to God. Paul's “soul” and “conscience” desired to keep God's law not just to be “saved”, but rather to recognize the failure of his own flesh to obey it. Jesus Christ lived without any violation to God's law, and because “the law” exposes “sin” within a person's life, it had no hold on Him. Jesus defeated the penalty for “sin”, “death”, when He died on the cross almost two thousand years ago. The marvel of Jesus and His “grace” is that He is willing to pour out upon anyone who “believes and trusts” in Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”. Let all who read these words humble themselves and allow Jesus to “rule” and “reign” in their lives.

Next time Paul tells his readers, “I see another law in my members”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.






No comments:

Post a Comment