Friday, December 20, 2019

I Trust to See You in My Journey Romans 15:24


Paul the apostle prayed for the believers in Rome as he wrote, “now having no more place in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come unto you”, and in chapter fifteen and verse twenty-four of Romans, Paul shared when he took his “journey into Spain”, “I trust to see you in my journey” where we read:
Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be somewhat filled with your company.

The verse begins, Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: Paul began with the word, “whensoever” which means “even as and since” “I take my journey” or “Paul pursued his walk, traverse or travel” “into Spain” which means “into the whole peninsula south of the Pyrenees whose name means scarceness” “I will come” or “Paul appear, arise, show itself and find place or influence” “to you” which refers to the believers in Rome. Paul told the believers in Rome he would “make an appearance and show himself” to them when he traveled to “Spain”.

The verse goes on to say, “for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be somewhat filled with your company.. Paul added the word, “for” which means “even as, indeed, no doubt, seeing then, verily and therefore” “I trust” or “Paul believed hoped and had full confidence” “to see you” which refers to “behold, look upon and view attentively” “in my journey” which means “in Paul's walk, traverse and travel”, “and to be brought on my way” or “to travel and conduct himself” “thitherward by you” which means “there or to that place through the believers in Rome”, “if” or “whether” “first I be somewhat filled” which means “Paul was partly due or to some degree assigned in the chief influence, honor and principal place to be satisfied” “with your company” or “with the believers in Rome”. Paul “hoped” he would see the believers in Rome so that he might enjoy their fellowship.

When we consider these words of Paul, we see his affinity and care for the believers in Rome. He was to travel to “Spain”, and hope to see the “believers in Rome” when he traveled near to them. God Almighty desires for his believers to care for one another, and when they have received Jesus Christ as their personal “Savior and Lord”, they will desire to enjoy the “fellowship” of one another. Perhaps there are some reading these words who would love for someone to “trust to see” them in their “journeys”, if so, receive Jesus today and become part of His loving family.

Next time Paul tells the believers in Rome,now I go unto Jerusalem to minister, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.






No comments:

Post a Comment