Wednesday, December 11, 2019

The Silent Scream of the Unborn

Tis dark beneath the caverned womb
where I have come to lie
my twist and turns beneath the shield
for captivated time

Tis I alive within the nest
a human source holds me
I kick I burp I sneeze I cough
I stretch and bend my knee

No talk have I within this rest
for air I do not breathe
the liquid ply doth give me life
the amniotic feed

My heart doth beat within my chest
transparent through my skin
and vivid ribs the organs' cage
grasps life I have within

From mother's chord I am attached
my hands my feet my mouth
my eyes that cannot see thee yet
my arms to swing about

And I dependent on thy care
thy food provide for me
tis nature's way to keep me fed
supply for all I need

But alas what tis this shock
the interrupted flow
that tears at me and burns my skin
and draws me out below

Am I be cast away too soon
my life be stripped from me
convenience thus the alibi
that I should never breathe

And now lay I a sorted muss
my hands my feet my mouth
my heartbeat stopped my crushed chest
no arms to flail about


My feet shall never walk astir
my mouth shall never speak
my hands shall never hold to thine
my eyes shall never see

My heartbeat gone my life expired
my breath be torn from me
by those who won't acknowledge this
the human that I be

And yet this once beyond the grave
my voice shall come to thee
Tis now in God's arms that I rest
who gave life back to me

And yet once more a word to those
who've chosen to abort
and paid the price for stripping life
forgiveness will not thwart

God doth forgive extend His love
to those yet hurting still
who haunted by the stricken choice
for all thy life brings ill


No comments:

Post a Comment