Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The Bursted Balloon

My plan had been made

and all is in line

Every detail is figured

every second in time


No worry about

the thought I've designed

there'll be no exception

no cause to malign


But what I expected

has not thus come true

tis been like a breath

blown into balloon


When breathing within

the rubber outstretched

too tight be the boundaries

that I have expect


And pin came along

and punctured it's side

and burst my balloon

and humbled my pride


And now thus balloon

twas greatly too tight

has burst all about

in midst of my sight


And what I expected

has now all gone bad

and details I planned

hath now made me sad


And troubled my heart

that all has gone wrong

that nothing went right

I planned all along


So now my design

I cautious project

balloon not too tight

for what I expect


And this time balloon

doth come with a trust

won't make such a racket

whenever it bust



No comments:

Post a Comment