Monday, September 7, 2020

Jesus' Easy Yoke and Light Burden - Matthew 11:30

Matthew the apostle shared how Jesus said, “Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls”, and in chapter eleven and verse thirty of his book, Matthew shared how Jesus declared, “my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” where we read:

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

The verse reads, For my yoke is easy, ...” Matthew began with the word, “for” which means “because, since and on account that” “my yoke” which refers to “Jesus' balance, pair of scales and wooden device which is put on draught cattle” “is easy” or “is fit, useful, virtuous, good, manageable, mild and pleasant”. Matthew shared how Jesus told the people His “device for connecting to people” is “good, mild and pleasant”.

The verse goes on to see, “... and my burden is light.” Matthew continued with the words, “and my burden” which means “and Jesus' load, obligation, task and service” “is light” or “light in weight, quick and agile”. Matthew shared how Jesus told the crowd His “obligation and load” is “light weight”.

When we meditate upon Matthew's words in this verse, we see how Jesus desires to lighten the load people are bearing, and when He came to the earth to bear the “sins” of every person on the cross, He removed the greatest burden people shall ever have. In Jesus' day, when two animals were “yoked” together, a stronger animal was connected to a weaker one. The “load” or “burden” was mostly managed by the stronger animal, and the other went along for the ride. God loves people, and He wants them to come to His Son Jesus to find the “rest” for their souls they need. When they connect themselves to Jesus' “yoke”, He bears the load, and they find “restoration” and “rest” for their “souls” as they merely walk with Him day by day.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see Matthew shares how Jesus, “went on the sabbath day through the corn”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment