Thursday, July 4, 2024

God Inclining His Ear to Me - Psalms 116:2

In Psalms one hundred sixteen the Psalmist said, “I love the LORD, because he has heard my voice and my supplications”, and in chapter one hundred sixteen and verse two of Psalms the Psalmist said Jehovah God, “inclined his ear to me” where we read:

Because he has inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

The verse begins with the words, “Because he has inclined his ear unto me, .... The Psalmist began, “because he has inclined” or “since and on account that he, Jehovah God, has turned, extended and bent” “his ear unto me” which means “his, Jehovah God's, receiving and audience to me, the Psalmist”. The Psalmist shared how Jehovah God not only “heard” his “voice and supplication”, but also gave audience and attention to him.

The verse goes on to say, “... therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.”. The Psalmist continued with the words, “therefore will I call upon him” or “wherefore and on account of this shall I, the Psalmist, cry out, utter a loud sound, invite, summon and proclaim aloud” “as long as I live” which means “for the period, age and time that I, the Psalmist, am alive, among the living and breathing”. The Psalmist declared that he would cry out to Jehovah God for all his living days.

When we meditate upon the Psalmist's words in this verse, we see how he repeated the idea of Jehovah God paying attention to his words, and this caused him to purpose to cry out to God for all his life. God wants us to call out to Him, and He is ready to “hear” our prayers. He desires to have an intimate, personal relationship with all of us, and He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for our sins so we could be forgiven and inherit everlasting life with Him. God loves us, and we can do no better than to purpose to call out to Him for all our days.

Next time the Psalmist says, “the sorrows of death compassed me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment