Saturday, July 6, 2024

I Believed and Spoke - Psalms 116:10

In Psalms one hundred sixteen the Psalmist said, “I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living”, and in chapter one hundred sixteen and verse ten of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I believed, therefore have I spoken” where we read,

I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:

The verse begins with the words, I believed, therefore have I spoken: The Psalmist began with the words, “I believed” or “I, the Psalmist, confirmed, supported, was faithful, upheld and established”, “therefore have I spoken” which means “then, wherefore and on this account have I, the Psalmist, uttered, declared and proclaimed”. The Psalmist referred to his faith and trust in Jehovah God which gave him the confidence to make declarations and proclamations about Him.

The verse goes on to say, “I was greatly afflicted:” The Psalmist continued with the words, “I was greatly” or “I, the Psalmist, existed as exceedingly, forcefully and abundantly” “afflicted” which means “occupied, oppressed, humbled and bowed down”. The Psalmist said he was oppressed and humbled to an abundant and exceeding extent.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist declared his faith and confidence within Jehovah God, and this caused him to speak forth. He said he was exceedingly oppressed, and he wasn't afraid to declare it. The Psalmist is much like us in that we have the opportunity to declare our faith in Jehovah God and to admit our numerous troubles. God knows our condition, and He knows the pains and tribulations we suffer. He identifies with us because He came to the earth as Jesus to die on the cross for our sins (See 2 Corinthians 5:21), and when we believe and trust in Him as our “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and pay attention to us when we are “greatly afflicted”.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I said in my haste, All men are liars”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment