Saturday, July 6, 2024

What Shall I Render unto the LORD? - Psalms 116:12

In Psalms one hundred sixteen the Psalmist said, “I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted: I said in my haste, All men are liars”, and in chapter one hundred sixteen and verse twelve of Psalms the Psalmist asked, “what shall I render unto the LORD?” where we read,

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

The verse begins with the words, What shall I render unto the LORD ... The Psalmist began with the words, “what shall I render” or “whatsoever and what kind of thing should I, the Psalmist, return, restore, refresh and relinquish” “unto the LORD” which means “to Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. The Psalmist asked what kind of thing he might offer or relinquish to Jehovah God.

The verse goes on to say, “... for all his benefits toward me?” The Psalmist continued with the words, “for all his benefits” or “on behalf of each, every, the whole and everyone of his, Jehovah God's, bestowments and acts of grace” “toward me” which means “to me, the Psalmist”? The Psalmist wondered what he could return to Jehovah God for everyone of the acts of grace that were given to him by God.

When we think through the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist questioned what he could offer to Jehovah God in return for all His acts of grace toward him. The Psalmist knew God had blessed him immensely, and He will do the same for every person who yields their life to His Son Jesus as their personal “Lord and Savior”. Jesus was sent into the world to be crucified on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and extend to us an opportunity to enjoy “all his benefits toward” us.

Next time the Psalmist says, “I will take the cup of salvation”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment