Thursday, July 4, 2024

I Love the LORD - Psalms 116:1

Psalms one hundred sixteen begins with the Psalmist saying, “I love the LORD”, and in chapter one hundred sixteen and verse one of Psalms the Psalmist said completely,

I love the LORD, because he has heard my voice and my supplications.

The verse begins with the words, “I love the LORD, .... The Psalmist began with the words, “I love” or “I, the Psalmist, have affection, appetite and deep love for” “the LORD” which means “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. The Psalmist declared his passionate and affectionate “love” for Jehovah God.

The verse continues, “... because he has heard my voice and my supplications.”. The Psalmist added the words, “because he has heard” or “since and on account that he, Jehovah God, has perceived, given attention to and regarded” “my voice” which means “my, the Psalmist's, sound, noise and proclamation” “and my supplications” or “and my, Jehovah God's, earnest prayer and entreaty”. The Psalmist said the reason he had affectionate “love” for Jehovah God was because He perceived and understood his “voice” and earnest prayer.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist made known his passionate affection and “love” for Jehovah God, and this was on account that God paid attention and listened to his words and earnest prayer. God loves us, hears us and wants a personal intimate relationship with each of us. He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and when we yield our lives to Him as our “Lord and Savior”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and pay attention to what we say and our earnest prayers.

Next time the Psalmist says Jehovah God, “inclined his ear unto me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment