Saturday, July 6, 2024

Paying Vows to the LORD - Psalms 116:14

In Psalms one hundred sixteen the Psalmist asked, “what shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD”, and in chapter one hundred sixteen and verse fourteen of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I will pay my vows unto the LORD” where we read,

I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.

The verse begins with the words, I will pay my vows unto the LORD now ... The Psalmist began with the words, “I will pay my vows” or “I, the Psalmist, shall make peace, complete, finish and be sound within my, the Psalmist's, votive offerings and promises” “unto the LORD now” which means “at this present time toward Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”. The Psalmist said he would make his votive offering and promises toward Jehovah God at the present time.

The verse goes on to say, “... in the presence of all his people.” The Psalmist continued with the words, “in the presence” or “within the front and sight of” “all his people” which means “each, every, the whole and everyone of his, Jehovah God's, human beings both male and female”. The Psalmist said he would pay his votive offerings and promises to Jehovah God within the sight of each and everyone of His “people”.

When we meditate the words in this verse, we see how the Psalmist declared that he would keep his promises made to Jehovah God, and he would do so where every one of God's people could see. God loves for us to worship Him, and when we do, we fulfill His purpose and plan for our lives. We have been separated from God by our sins, and our sins lead unto death. His Son Jesus was sent into the world to die on the cross in our place, and when we believe and trust in Him as our personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and allow us to honor and adore Him for all eternity.

Next time the Psalmist shares what is, “precious in the sight of the LORD”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment