Saturday, July 6, 2024

Hastily Saying All Men are Liars - Psalms 116:11

In Psalms one hundred sixteen the Psalmist said, “I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted”, and in chapter one hundred sixteen and verse eleven of Psalms the Psalmist said, “I said in my haste, All men are liars” where we read,

I said in my haste, All men are liars.

The verse begins with the words, I said in my haste, ... The Psalmist began with the words, “I said” or “I, the Psalmist, uttered, declared and proclaimed” “in my haste” which means “in my, the Psalmist's, hurrying, trembling and fear” the following statement. The Psalmist told how he made the following statement when he was in a state of hurry.

The verse continues, “... All men are liars.” The Psalmist added the words, “All men” or “each, every, the whole and every person whether male or female” “are liars” which means “exist as deceptive, disappointing and proved to be lying”. The Psalmist said every person exists as a deceptive and lying being.

When we meditate upon the Psalmist's words in this verse, we see how he made a rash choice of words as he declared every person to be a deceptive “liar”. We shall see more of what he says about this in our next few verses, however, for now, let us be reminded that Jesus is, “the way, the truth and the life, and no man comes to the Father, but by him”. (See John 14:6) God is always truthful, and when He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, He not only lived a truthful life, but paid the price of death that was due to every person. When we yield our lives to Jesus, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and leave the judgment and exposure of all “liars” to Almighty God.

Next time the Psalmist asks, “what shall I render unto the LORD?”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment