Friday, September 30, 2022

A Life Everlasting Commandment - John 12:50

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, “He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak, and in chapter twelve and verse fifty of his book John shared how Jesus said, “I know that his commandment is life everlasting” where we read:

And I know that his commandment is life everlasting:

whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

The verse reads, “And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: John began with Jesus' words, “and I know” which means “and I, Jesus, perceive, notice, discern and discover” “that his commandment” or “that his, God the Father's, precept, charge, injunction and command” “is life everlasting” which means “life which is real and genuine, active and vigorous, devoted to God, blessed, in the portion even in this world of those who put their trust in Christ, but after the resurrection to be consummated by new accessions (among them a more perfect body), and to last for ever”. John shared how Jesus declared “God the Father's” “order and injunction” is one that exists as “eternal” and remains “forever”.

The verse goes on to say, “whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.” John continued with Jesus' words, “whatsoever I speak therefore” which means “anything that which, I, utter, declare and proclaim then, wherefore and on this account”, “even as the Father” or “according, just as and in the degree that the Heavenly Father God” “said unto me” which means “uttered, declared and proclaimed to me, Jesus”, “so I speak” or “in this manner and thus I, Jesus, utter and articulate”. John shared how Jesus said because God's words are “eternal”, “whatever” He said was from His Father God.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn not only that “God's” words are eternal in nature, but also that Jesus spoke the same things when He shared. God loves people, and His desire is to be with them for all eternity. However, “sin” separates people from God, and without their “sin” being removed, they will exist eternally without Him. He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for the sins of every person, and when they submit themselves to Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”, they will be forgiven of their sins and inherit everlasting life with God. Let all who read and hear Jesus' words understand they come from God and His desire to provide everyone with everlasting life.

Next time we begin a new chapter and see John share how Jesus, “loved his own unto the end”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment