Friday, September 30, 2022

Jesus Not Judging - John 12:47

The apostle John wrote how, “I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on me should not abide in darkness, and in chapter twelve and verse forty-seven of his book John shared how Jesus said, “if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not” where we read:

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not:

for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

The verse reads, “And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: John began with Jesus' words, “and if any man” which means “and whether any person male or female” “hear my words” or “is endowed with the faculty of hearing, perceiving, understanding and discerning my, Jesus', sounds produced by the voice and having definite meaning”, “and believes not” which means “and does not trust in, rely upon, cling to or have confidence in Jesus' words”, “I judge him not” or “I, Jesus, do not condemn, put asunder or pronounce an opinion concerning right or wrong toward that person whether male or female”. John shared how Jesus said He did not “condemn” people who do not have “faith” in His “words”.

The verse continues, “for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.” John added Jesus' words, “for I came not” which means “because, since and on account that I, Jesus, did not arise and appear” “to judge the world” or “to condemn, put asunder or pronounce an opinion concerning right or wrong upon the earth and it's inhabitant”, “but to save the world” which means “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover to rescue the earth and it's inhabitants from danger and destruction”. John shared how Jesus said His purpose for coming to the “earth” was to “rescue” it and not to condemn it.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus did not appear on the earth to “condemn” it, but to “rescue” it. People needed a “Savior”, and Jesus came to be the “Christ” and “Messiah” of God so people could be “saved” from the danger and destruction to come. Jesus died upon the cross to “save” people from their sins, and when they submit themselves to Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive their sins and grant them everlasting life. Those who consider and believe Jesus' words will understand His purpose for coming to the earth and yield their lives to Him.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “he that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment