Thursday, September 29, 2022

A Light into the World - John 12:46

The apostle John wrote how, “Jesus cried and said, He that believes on me, believes not on me, but on him that sent me. And he that sees me sees him that sent me, and in chapter twelve and verse forty-six of his book John shared how Jesus said, “I am come a light into the world” where we read:

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on me should not abide in darkness.

The verse reads, “I am come a light into the world, ... John began with Jesus' words, “I am come” which means “I, Jesus, have arisen and appeared as” “a light” or “an emitting and illuminating lamp or torch of brightness” “into the world” which means “into the earth”. John shared how Jesus declared the reason He “came” to the earth was to “illuminate” it.

The verse goes on to say, “... that whosoever believes on me should not abide in darkness.” John continued with the words, “that whosoever believes on me” which means “so whatever person both male and female relies upon, trusts in, clings to and has confidence in me, Jesus” “should not abide” or “would not live, remain, sojourn, tarry or continue” “in darkness” which means “within ignorance of divine things and it's associated wickedness which result in the misery of hell”. John shared how Jesus said the person who puts their “faith and trust” in Him would not continue nor remain in a state of “ignorance of divine things” which result in “wickedness” and separation from God in “the misery of hell”.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus came to “save” people from “darkness” and it's affect. People who do not believe in Jesus “remain in darkness”, and their works, deeds, acts and beliefs are associated with “wickedness” which eventually leads to “hell”. Jesus desired to deliver people from these things, and when a person “believes” in Jesus, they will be liberated from “darkness, wickedness and evil” and enjoy an illuminated personal relationship with God. Let all who read these words know the purpose of Jesus upon the earth – Jesus came to “seek and to save that which was lost”, and all who believe in Him will indeed forever be found.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment