Friday, September 30, 2022

The Father Sent Jesus - John 12:49

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, “He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day, and in chapter twelve and verse forty-nine of his book John shared how Jesus said, “for I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment” where we read:

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment,

what I should say, and what I should speak.

The verse reads, “For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, John began with the words, “For I have not spoken” which means “because, since and on account that I, Jesus, have not uttered, declared and proclaimed words” “of myself” or “pertaining to Jesus' own self”; “but the Father” which means “nevertheless, notwithstanding and moreover the Heavenly Father God” “which sent me” or “who dispatched and assigned me, Jesus”, “he gave me a commandment” which means “the Heavenly Father God bestowed, granted, furnished and supplied me, Jesus, with an order, command, charge, precept and injunction”. John shared how Jesus said He did not “speak” about Himself, but rather God His Heavenly Father charged Him with a directive and injunction.

The verse continues, “what I should say, and what I should speak.” John added the words, “what I should say” which means “the words I, Jesus, was to utter, proclaim and declare”, “and what I should speak” or “and the words I, Jesus, was to emit, articulate, utter and tell”. John shared how Jesus said it was His Father God who told Him what to “declare” and what to “articulate”.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus' words and “sayings” were directed from His Father God above. Jesus did as the Father told Him, and because Jesus came to “save” people from their sins, He gave them the words of “salvation” and “rescue” for their “souls”. God loves people, and He desires to have a personal relationship with every one of them through His Son Jesus. Jesus died for the sins of the world, and when a person submits themselves to Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive their sins and grant them everlasting life. Those who are wise will “hear” and “believe” in Jesus and His words.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “I know that his commandment is life everlasting”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment