Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Jesus Lifted Up and Drawing Men - John 12:32

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out”, and in chapter twelve and verse thirty-two of his book John shared how Jesus said, “if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me” where we read:

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

The verse reads, “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, ... John began with the words, “and I” which means “and I, Jesus”, “if I be lifted up” or “whether I, Jesus, am exalted, raised and elevated” “from the earth” which means “separate and apart from the arable land, country, land, territory and region” will do the following. John shared how Jesus said “if” He was “elevated” from the earth, He would do the following.

The verse continues, “... will draw all men unto me.” John added the words, “will draw all men” which means “will lead and impel each, every, the whole and every person both male and female” “unto me” or “toward me, Jesus”. John shared how Jesus said the result of being “elevated” from the earth would be that He would “lead” people to Himself.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus referred to Himself being “lifted up” from the “earth” to give access for every person to have a relationship with Him. We will learn more about what being “lifted up” means in our next verse, but for now let us realize when Jesus was “crucified” upon the cross, He died for the sins of the whole world. Anyone who yields their life to Him may now be forgiven of their errors, mistakes and wrongs and enjoy a personal relationship with God. Jesus desires to “lead” every person to Himself, and when they surrender to Him, they are provided with abundant and eternal life with Almighty God.

Next time John shares how Jesus said this, “signifying what death he should die”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment