Thursday, September 29, 2022

Believe on Jesus and Believe on God - John 12:44

The apostle John wrote about Jesus, among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God”, and in chapter twelve and verse forty-four of his book John shared how, “Jesus cried and said, He that believes on me, believes not on me, but on him that sent me” where we read:

Jesus cried and said, He that believes on me, believes not on me, but on him that sent me.

The verse reads, “Jesus cried and said, He that believes on me, believes not on me, ... John began with the words, “Jesus cried and said” which means “the Son of God, the Savior of mankind and God incarnate whose name means Jehovah is Salvation shouted aloud and uttered, declared and proclaimed”, “he that believes on me” or “the person whether male or female who trusts in, relies upon, clings to and has confidence in me, Jesus”, “believes not on me” which means “does not rely upon, trust in, cling to and have confidence in me, Jesus” but on the following. John shared how Jesus declared the person who “believes” in Him does not actually just “believe” on Him, but on the following also.

The verse goes on to say, “... but on him that sent me.” John continued with the words, “but on him” which means “nevertheless, notwithstanding, moreover in him, God the Father” “that sent me” or “who dispatched and assigned me, Jesus”. John shared how Jesus said the person who “believes” in Him has really “believes” in the One who “sent and assigned” Him which was God the Father.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we discover there is a direct connection between “trusting in and relying upon” Jesus and His Father God. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to “save” people from their sins, and when a person “believes and trusts” in Jesus, they actually are putting their “faith” in His Father God. Jesus came as “God in the flesh”, (See John 1:14), and anyone who believes and trusts in Him believes and trust in His Father also. Those who are wise will see the value of putting their “faith and trust” in Jesus because it also places full confidence in His eternal Father God.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “he that sees me sees him that sent me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment