Sunday, September 25, 2022

Serving and Following Jesus - John 12:26

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal”, and in chapter twelve and verse twenty-six of his book John shared how Jesus said, “if any man serve me, let him follow me” where we read:

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be:

if any man serve me, him will my Father honor.

The verse reads, “If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: John began with Jesus' words, “if any man serve me” which means “whether any person male or female attends to, waits upon and ministers to me, Jesus”, “let him follow me” or “allow and permit that person join and accompany me, Jesus”; “and where am I” which means “and the place and location that Jesus is in”, “there shall also my servant be” or “in that place or location even so and indeed will Jesus' attendant, waiter and minister exist”. John shared how Jesus said the person who desires to “attend and minister to” Him will “accompany” Him, and the place “where” He exists, they as servants shall exist too.

The verse continues, “if any man serve me, him will my Father honor.” John added Jesus' words, “if any man serve me” which means “whether any person attends to, waits upon and ministers to me, Jesus”, “him will my Father” or “that person whether male or female will my, Jesus', Heavenly Father God” “honor” which means “value, revere and venerate”. John shared Jesus said when a person “attends and ministers to” Jesus will be “venerated” by His Father God.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus shared the benefits to “following” and “ministering to” Him. Those who attend to Jesus will “be where He is” and be “honored” by God Himself. God's desire is to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when they surrender their lives to Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”, He will forgive their sins and grant them everlasting life. Those who are wise will seek to be “where” Jesus is and to receive the “honor” God the Father has promised to give them.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “now is my soul troubled”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment