Friday, September 30, 2022

Jesus' Word Judging - John 12:48

The apostle John wrote how, “I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world, and in chapter twelve and verse forty-eight of his book John shared how Jesus said, “he that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him” where we read:

He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him:

the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

The verse reads, “He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: John began with Jesus' words, “He that rejects me” which means “the person whether male or female who disregards, does away with and refuses to accept me, Jesus”, “and receives not my words” or “and does not lay hold of, claim, procure, seize and possess my, Jesus', sounds produced by the voice and having definite meaning”, “has one that judges him” which means “possesses and owns the following that condemns, puts asunder or pronounces an opinion concerning right or wrong upon that person whether male or female”. John shared how the person who “refuses to accept” Jesus and “does not claim or procure” His “sayings”, has the following to “condemn” and “put him asunder”.

The verse goes on to say, “the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.” John continued with Jesus' words, “the word” which means “the speech and discourse which has definite meaning” “that I have spoken” or “that I, Jesus, have uttered, declared and proclaimed”, “the same shall judge him” which means “the selfsame speech and discourse which has definite meaning will condemn and put that person whether male and female asunder” “in the last day” or “within the uttermost part and end of the earth”. John shared shared how Jesus said the “speech and discourses” that Jesus presented to the people would be their “judge” in the final day of the earth.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how the person who does not “receive” Jesus and His words actually reject Jesus and will be “judged” by the words He said. God sent His Son Jesus into the world to “save” people from their sins, and without Him, everyone will be “condemned” by the words He spoke. There is a “final” and “last day” when people will be “judged”, and the question from God will be, “What did you do with my Son Jesus?” Jesus' words have eternal consequences, and those who are wise will study them carefully and surrender their lives to Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “for I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment