Thursday, September 29, 2022

See Jesus and God - John 12:45

The apostle John wrote how, “Jesus cried and said, He that believes on me, believes not on me, but on him that sent me, and in chapter twelve and verse forty-five of his book John shared how Jesus said, “he that sees me sees him that sent me” where we read:

And he that sees me sees him that sent me.

The verse reads, “And he that sees me ... John began with Jesus' words, “and he” which means “and the person whether male or female” “that sees me” or “who observes, notices, looks at, considers, perceives and beholds me, Jesus”, shall do the following. John shared how anyone who “observes” Jesus will be doing the following.

The verse continues, “... sees him that sent me.” John added Jesus' words, “sees him” which means “observes, notices, looks at, considers, perceives and beholds him, God the Father” “that sent me” or “who dispatched and assigned me, Jesus”. John shared how Jesus said the person who “observes” Him also “beholds” the One who dispatched Him which is God the Father.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how “seeing Jesus” is “seeing God”. Jesus Christ was “dispatched” by His Father God so people could be forgiven of their sins and have a personal relationship with Him. Sin separated people from God, and when Jesus died on the cross to provide forgiveness of sins, those who put their faith and trust in Him may now relate to God the Father who sent Him. God loves people, and His desire is to “save” them through His Son Jesus so they may live with Him forever. “Seeing Jesus” allows a person to “See God”, and those who are wise will surrender their lives to Jesus and His Father God to live eternally with them.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “I am come a light into the world”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment