Monday, September 26, 2022

The Voice for Your Sakes - John 12:30

John the apostle wrote how Jesus said, He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor. Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify your name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spoke to him”, and in chapter twelve and verse thirty of his book John shared how Jesus said, “this voice came not because of me, but for your sakes” where we read:

Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

The verse reads, “Jesus answered and said, John began with the words, “Jesus answered” which means “the Son of God, the Savior of mankind and God incarnate whose name means Jehovah is Salvation responded and began to speak” “and said” or “and uttered, declared and proclaimed” the following words. John shared how Jesus responded to the “people's” evaluation of the “voice from Heaven” with the following words.

The verse continues, “This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.” John added Jesus' words, “this voice” which means “the sound and tone of uttered words from Heaven” “came not because of me” or “did not arise, appear and come forth for the reason and cause of Jesus Himself”, “but for your sakes” which means “however, nevertheless, notwithstanding and moreover on behalf of your, the people's, reason and cause”. John shared how Jesus said the “voice from Heaven” was provided for the “benefit and welfare” of the “people” who “heard” it.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus shared the reason this “voice” came from Heaven. Jesus knew God would glorify His own name, but the “people” nearby needed to “hear” that He would. God sent His Son Jesus to the world to die for the sins of mankind, and anyone who believes and trusts in Him will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life with God. Those who are wise will “hear” the “voice of God" through His Son Jesus Christ and surrender their lives to Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “now is the judgment of this world”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment