Thursday, August 1, 2019

I Will Glory in Such an One 2 Corinthians 12:5


As Paul the apostle told the church members concerning his “visions and revelations” he shared how, “he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter”, and in chapter twelve and verse five of Second Corinthians, Paul wrote, “Of such an one will I glory...but in my infirmities” where we read:

Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in my infirmities.

The verse begins, “Of such an one will I glory: ...” Paul began with the words, “of such an one” which means “in behalf and for the sake of this kind or sort” “will I glory” or “Paul would vaunt, boast, joy or rejoice”. Paul was going to “boast” about the person who was “caught up into paradise”.

The verse goes on to say, “...yet of myself I will not glory, but in my infirmities.. Paul began with the words, “yet of myself” which means “moreover and about Paul his own self” “I will not glory” or “Paul would not vaunt, boast, joy or rejoice”, “but” which is a disassociation conjunction that means what is about to be written takes precedence over what was just stated; except “in my infirmities” which means “in Paul's want of strength, weakness, feebleness and frailty”. Paul would not “boast” about himself except for his “weaknesses and frailty”.

When we meditate upon these words of Paul, we see another demonstration of the humility of Paul. Though he experienced being “caught up into paradise”, he did not “vaunt himself” because of it, but rather “boasted” only in his “frailties”. Jesus Christ is to be glorified for all He has provided and done for the salvation of man, and He alone deserves all praise. Should we be advantaged in any manner like unto Paul, let us “glory” in Jesus Christ, God the Father and the Holy Spirit where all “praise and glory” truly belongs.

Next time Paul tells the church members, “though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool;and more, so read ahead, and we shall join together then,

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.






No comments:

Post a Comment