Monday, August 19, 2019

The Fly

What's this? This one with absent care
who looked upon my blighted fare
for light mine eyelids caused them blind
through squinting eyes did pain unwind

And nauseous wound did cause unrest
while thou gazed on with tainted stress
And thou my friend portend to be
but care not once this plight caused me?

And what makes worse thou maggot thrust
didst laugh at my misguided trust
and watched as crawl to make my way
bandana crossed my vision swayed

And fly away thou ratted soul
where did my hiding eyes make roll
and fleeting were thy wretched wings
thou empty mortal discard springs

And what shall I thou woeful fly
do with thy deep uncaring eye
buy swat thy spirit far let be
and disappear thy life from me

Could I but wish one fate for thee
to see thy blinded soul's decree
Were I a queen and none too late
for off thy head would be thy fate

So off toward Marietta Square
and tie thee to the post mount there
tomato blasts be thy decree
from one and all to pummel thee

Alas and by when thoughts arise
tis thee whom I avoid demise
For in thus thou hast shown thy state
my friendship now dost thou negate


No comments:

Post a Comment