Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Prayers without Ceasing Romans 1:9


Paul the apostle addressed his letter, “To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ”, and he added, “I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.” In chapter one and verse nine of Romans Paul shared how, “without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers” where we read:

For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son,
that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

The verse begins, “For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, ...” Paul began with the words, “For God” or “even as, indeed, no doubt, seeing then, verily and therefore the Godhead bodily and trinity which is comprised of God the Father, Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit” “is my witness” or “is Paul's spectator and one who after his example has proved the strength and genuineness of their faith in Christ by undergoing a violent death”, “whom I serve” which means “who Paul ministered to and performed sacred services for” “with my spirit” which refers to “with Paul's vital principal by which the body in animated and has the power of knowing, desiring, deciding and acting” “in the gospel” which means “within the good news and glad tidings” “of his Son” or “of God's offspring”. Paul employed “God's” testimony as he referred to the manner in which he ministered the “gospel of Jesus Christ”.

The verse goes on to say, “... that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;”. Paul continued with the words, “that without ceasing” which means “even as without intermission and incessantly” “I make mention” which refers to “Paul's remembrance” “of you” or “of the church members in Rome” “always” which means “at all times and ever” “in my prayers” or “in Paul's orations and offerings to God”. Paul “always” remembered to “pray” for the church members.

When we meditate upon these words of Paul, we note how he “served” God with his “spirit”, and God was his “witness” concerning his incessant “prayers” for the church members in Rome. This commendable activity exhibited by Paul demonstrated his consistent care for the church. Jesus Christ came into the world to “save sinners”, and when they discover others who receive Him as well, one of the greatest actions to be taken is to pray.

Next time Paul tells the church in Rome that he prays so he, “might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then,

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore.






No comments:

Post a Comment