Tuesday, April 13, 2021

I Send My Messenger - Mark 1:2

Mark began Jesus' “gospel” story with the words, “The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God”, and he continued by referring to the prophet who said, “Behold, I send my messenger before thy face” where we read:

As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before your face,

which shall prepare your way before you.

The verse reads, “As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before your face, ... Mark began words, “As it is written” which means “in the same manner and way it was delineated in letters upon a tablet, parchment, paper or other material” “in the prophets” or “within one who was moved by the Spirit of God and hence his organ or spokesman, solemnly declares to men what he has received by inspiration, especially concerning future events, and in particular such as relate to the cause and kingdom of God and to human salvation”, “Behold” or “look, lo and see”, “I send my messenger” or “God dismiss, depart and discharge God's envoy” “before your face” which means “in front and in advance of the Messiah's countenance and appearance”. Mark shared a reference to Malachi chapter three and verse one where we read, “Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom you seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom you delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts”.

The verse goes on to say, “... which shall prepare your way before you.” Mark continued with the words, “which shall prepare your way” which means “who will furnish, equip and make ready Jesus' path” “before you” or “in front and in advance of the Messiah and Christ”. Mark shared the prophet Malachi's word who declared there would be one who would “make ready” the path of the Christ.

When we meditate upon Mark's words in this verse, we see how Mark shared a reference to the prophet Malachi's prophesy. God knew in advance how the coming of the Messiah, His Son Jesus would be “prepared” by a “fore-runner” who would “made ready” a “path” for Him. All these details were to prove God's desire to have a relationship with every person, and those who study these things shall find Jesus to be the Christ, the Messiah and the Son of God.

Next time we see Mark quote from the prophet, Behold, I send my messenger before your face, which shall prepare your way before you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment