Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Sand Traps

While tracing path across the sand

With every step in stride

Planted firmly on the ground

Without one care aside


When suddenly beneath my feet

The ground gave fell bound snap

A hidden hole by careless one

Now captured knee in trap


This deepened hole yet though unseen

By spellbound naked eye

Lie yet beneath the surface sand

To catch those passing by


Now sunk within this prison hole

That took my leg in deep

I sought release from caustic pain

And looked to find relief


At first my rant for rancid one

Cast angered thoughts inside

Until I mused upon events

My unsuspect surprise


And like In life I’ve traveled forth

Without one care along

All going well and none complaint

Tis I be going strong


Then then at once and quite unseen

A trap before unknown

By purposed one to sway my way

And capture my life’s tone


And like in hole my leg was trapped

My soul must make a mend

And thus assess the captured state

lest this trap be my end


From here and now I'll make observe

for hidden snares of soul

and do my best avoid them there

with absent minded strolls




 

No comments:

Post a Comment