Saturday, June 11, 2022

Preferred Before John the Baptist - John 1:30

John the apostle wrote how John the Baptist baptized and was confronted by religious leaders, “in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing. The next day John saw Jesus coming unto him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world”, and in chapter one and verse thirty of his book, John shared how John the Baptist says, “after me comes a man which is preferred before me” where we read:

This is he of whom I said, After me comes a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

The verse reads, “This is he of whom I said, After me comes a man which is preferred before me: John began with the words, “This is he which means “this Lamb of God is the One” “of whom I said” which means “who John the Baptist uttered, declared and proclaimed”, “after me” or “behind and aback of me, John the Baptist” “comes a man” which means “arises and approaches a male human being who is Jesus” “which is preferred” or “that is come into existence, happened and appeared on the stage” “before me” which means “in advance and prior to John the Baptist”. John shared how John the Baptist told the people that Jesus was the One he shared about who actually “appeared and came into existence” before him.

The verse continues, “for he was before me.” John added the words, “for he was” which means “because, since and on account that he, Jesus, was on the scene, happened and came into existence” “before me” or “in advance and prior to John the Baptist”. John shared how Jesus existed before John the Baptist.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we realize Jesus existed in advance of John the Baptist, and John knew it. Jesus is God come in the flesh, so He has always been, is and always will be. Jesus came to the earth to pay for the sins of the world, and John the Baptist was to announce His coming. God loves people, and He desires to have a personal relationship with everyone through His Son Jesus. Those who yield their lives to Jesus as their “Lord and Savior” will be forgiven of their sins and inherit everlasting life in Heaven with God. Jesus existed before John the Baptist, and His purpose for coming was fulfilled even as John the Baptist announced.

Next time John shares how John the Baptist says, “and I knew him not”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment