Saturday, February 12, 2022

What Shall I Do? - Luke 12:17

The beloved physician Luke wrote how Jesus, “spoke a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully”, and in chapter twelve and verse seventeen of his book Luke shared how Jesus said the man asked, “what shall I do?”” where we read:

And he thought within himself, saying,

What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?

The verse reads, “And he thought within himself, saying, ... Luke began with the words, “and he thought within himself” or “and the wealthy man who had a great harvest brought together different reasons, reckoned up the reasons, revolved in his mind and deliberate within his own self”, “saying” which means “uttering, declaring and proclaiming”. Luke shared how Jesus said the man with great wealth and a massive harvest of crops began to reason within his own mind and declared the following words.

The verse goes on to say, “... What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?” Luke continued with the words, “what shall I do” or “what will I prepare, make ready and provide”, “because” which means “since and on account that” “I have no room” or “I do not hold, own and possess some place or location” “where to bestow” which means “in which to gather together, assemble or take in” “my fruits” or “the man's harvest or crops”? Luke shared how Jesus said the man wondered where he was going to “gather together” all his harvest because he did not have enough space to store them.

When we meditate upon Luke's words in this verse, we see how the “harvest” for this wealthy man caused him a problem. Though his crops were abundant, he had no space to gather them. Jesus will share the man's solution is for his dilemma, but let it suffice us for now to understand this man would have had no harvest at all if it were not for God. God's desire is to have an eternal, personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when they yield their lives to Him, He will guide them when abundance flows. Proverbs chapter eleven and verse twenty four says, There is that scatters, and yet increases; and there is that withholds more than is meet, but it tends to poverty”, and it's too bad this man, and many other people, did not know there is great “gain” with God the Father when they “scatter” that which they have been given.

Next time Luke shares how Jesus says the man said, “I will pull down my barns, and build greater”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment