Sunday, July 17, 2022

Accused to the Father - John 5:45

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, “I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father has given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father has sent me. And the Father himself, which has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And you have not his word abiding in you: for whom he has sent, him you believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And you will not come to me, that you might have life. I receive not honor from men. But I know you, that you have not the love of God in you. I am come in my Father's name, and you receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him you will receive. How can you believe, which receive honor one of another, and seek not the honor that comes from God only?”, and in chapter five and verse forty-five of his book, John shared how Jesus said, “Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father” where we read:

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father:

there is one that accuses you, even Moses, in whom you trust.

The verse reads, “Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father:”. John began with the words, “Do not think” or “do not be of the opinion, judge or account” “that I will accuse you” which means “that I, Jesus, will charge or make accusations against you, Jewish people who were questioning Jesus” “to the Father” or “toward Father God”. John shared how Jesus told the Jewish people who were questioning Him that He would not “charge” them before Father God.

The verse goes on to say, “there is one that accuses you, even Moses, in whom you trust.John continued with the words, “there is one” which means “there exists a person” “that accuses you” or “who charges and makes accusation against the Jewish people who were questioning Jesus”, “even Moses” which means “indeed and also Moses whose name means drawing out and was the legislator of the Jewish people and in a certain sense the founder of the Jewish religion”, “in whom you trust” or “who is the person you have confidence in, rely upon and have faith in”. John shared how Jesus told the Jewish people who were questioning Him that “Moses”, in whom they all trusted, would be the person who would “charge” them.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus referred “Moses” as being the one who would “accuse” them rather than Himself. Even though Jesus was superior to “Moses”, “Moses” was the person who would bring a “charge” against the “Jewish people who were questioning Him”. Jesus will elaborate more upon this idea in our next verse, but suffice it for us to know “Moses” wrote concerning the Messiah Jesus. The writings of “Moses” speak about the Christ, and those who search them, will find Jesus to be the Messiah and Christ of God. Those who believe and trust in Him as their personal “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins and receive everlasting life from God. Let all who read these words seek the words of “Moses” and discover Jesus Christ.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “had you believed Moses, you would have believed me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment