Sunday, July 17, 2022

You Have Not the Love of God in You - John 5:42

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, “I can of my own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which has sent me. If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. There is another that bears witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesses of me is true. You sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth. But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that you might be saved. He was a burning and a shining light: and you were willing for a season to rejoice in his light. But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father has given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father has sent me. And the Father himself, which has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And you have not his word abiding in you: for whom he has sent, him you believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And you will not come to me, that you might have life. I receive not honor from men”, and in chapter five and verse forty-two of his book, John shared how Jesus said, “you have not the love of God in you” where we read:

But I know you, that you have not the love of God in you.

The verse reads, “But I know you, ...”. John began with the words, “but I” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover I, Jesus” “know you” which means “am acquainted with, understand and perceive who the Jewish people were who were questioning Jesus”. John shared how Jesus told the Jewish people, most likely their religious leaders, that He understood and perceived who they were.

The verse continues, “... that you have not the love of God in you.John added the words, “that you have not the love of God” which means “that you, Jewish people, do not hold, own or possess the affection, good will, benevolence, brotherly and unconditional love which belongs to the Godhead bodily and trinity which is comprised of God the Father, Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit” “in you” or “within you, Jewish people”. John shared how Jesus said the “Jewish people who were questioning Him” did not have God's “unconditional love” within them.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus went straight to the hearts of the Jewish people who were questioning Him. They did not possess the “love of God” within them, and therefore they were spiritually blind to who He was and is. Jesus is the Messiah, Christ and Son of God, and those who receive Him as their personal “Savior and Lord” understand who He truly is. They will obtain “God's love” within them, and they will begin to experience God's unconditional love for them and others like they never have before. Let all who read these words examine themselves to discover whether or not they have the “love of God” within them.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “I am come in my Father's name, and you receive me not”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment