Monday, July 25, 2022

Seeing and Not Believing - John 6:36

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told the people looking for Him, “I am the bread of life: he that comes to me shall never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst”, and in chapter six and verse thirty-six of his book, John shared how Jesus said, “you also have seen me, and believe not” where we read:

But I said unto you, That you also have seen me, and believe not.

The verse reads,But I said unto you, ...”. John began with the words, “But I said” or “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover I, Jesus, uttered, declared and proclaimed” “unto you” which means “to the people who were looking for and seeking Jesus” the following words. John shared how Jesus continued to speak to the people concerning what He already told them.

The verse continues, “... That you also have seen me, and believe not.” John added the words, “that you also have seen me” which means “that you, people seeking Jesus, even so and indeed have observed, notice, discovered and discerned me, Jesus”, “and believe not” or “and do not have confidence in, trust in, cling to or rely upon Jesus”. John shared how Jesus said though the “people who looked for and questioned” Him had “saw” Him, they did not trust in Him.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus went straight to the point about people observing Him and not “believing” in Him. Jesus did miracles, and He produced many signs to prove He was and is the Messiah sent from God, but the people did not trust Him. Many people seek for “signs” and “wonders” today, and they say they will “believe” in Jesus if this or that thing happens. However, like these people, regardless of what Jesus did, they will not put their “faith and trust” in Him. God loves everyone, and He desires to have a personal relationship with every one of them. To do so, they must “believe” in Jesus and allow Him to be the “Savior and Lord” of their lives.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “all the Father gives me shall come to me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment