Tuesday, July 26, 2022

No Man Can Come Except the Father Draw Him - John 6:44

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told the people looking for Him, “I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which has sent me, that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which sees the Son, and believes on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he said, I came down from heaven? Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves”, and in chapter six and verse forty-four of his book, John shared how Jesus told the people, “no man can come to me, except the Father … draw him” where we read:

No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent me draw him:

and I will raise him up at the last day

The verse reads,No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent me draw him:”. John began with the words, “No man” or “not one person whether male or female” “can come to me” which means “is able to arise toward and approach Jesus”, “except the Father” or “unless Father God” “which has sent me” which means “who dispatched and assigned Jesus” “draw him” or “lead and impel that person”. John shared how Jesus said no one is able to approach Jesus unless God the Father leads them to Him.

The verse continues, and I will raise him up at the last day. John added the words, “and I will raise him up” which means “and I, Jesus, shall stand and cause that person to arise” “at the last day” or “at the time of the last day of this present age, the day Christ will return from heaven, raise the dead, hold the final judgment and perfect his kingdom”. John shared how Jesus said He would “resurrect” the person who “comes to Him” at the day of judgment.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn how God “draws” people to His Son Jesus. No one else is able to perform that act, and Jesus will “resurrect” from the dead the person who believes and trusts in Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”. Death is certain for everyone, but Jesus came to extend “eternal and everlasting life” to all who yield their lives to Him. Let all who read these words pray to Almighty God and allow Him to “lead” them to Jesus who is able to “save” them and give them eternal life with Him forever and ever.

Next time John shares how Jesus tells the people, “they shall be all taught of God”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment