Tuesday, July 26, 2022

See Jesus and Believe - John 6:40

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told the people looking for Him, “I am the bread of life: he that comes to me shall never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, That you also have seen me, and believe not. All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which has sent me, that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day”, and in chapter six and verse forty of his book, John shared how Jesus said the Father's will is, “that every one which sees the Son, and believes on him, may have everlasting life” where we read:

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which sees the Son,

and believes on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The verse reads,And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which sees the Son, ...”. John began with the words, “And this is the Father's will” or “and the following is the desire, wish, purpose, inclination and pleasure of God the Father” “which has sent me” which means “who has dispatched and assigned me, Jesus”, “that every one” or “so each, the whole, all people both male and female” “which sees the Son” or “who observes, notices, discovers and discerns the Son of God who is Jesus”. John shared how Jesus declared the following to be the “desire and wish” of God the Father who “dispatched” Him so that every person who “observes” the following will enjoy His promise.

The verse continues, “... and believes on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.” John added the words, “and believes on him” which means “and trusts in, relies upon and clings to Jesus”, “may have everlasting life” or “will hold, own and possess without beginning and end, never ceasing and eternal real and genuine life which is active and vigorous, devoted to God, blessed, in the portion even in this world of those who put their trust in Christ, but after the resurrection to be consummated by new accessions (among them a more perfect body), and to last for ever”: “and I will raise him up” which means “and I, Jesus, shall cause to be resurrected and arisen from the dead” “at the last day” or “at the time of the last day of this present age, the day Christ will return from heaven, raise the dead, hold the final judgment and perfect his kingdom”. John shared how Jesus told the people who were questioning Him the person who “believes on Him” will be granted “eternal and never ceasing” life, and He promised to “raise” the up from the “dead” on the “final or judgment” day.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus presented “God's will” to the people who were questioning Him. God desires to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when they believe and trust in Him as their “Savior and Lord” not only will they be forgiven of their sins, but they shall be granted “eternal” life with His Father God in Heaven. God loves people, and He wants every person to yield their life to His Son. This is His will, and all who “see” His Son should submit their lives to Him.

Next time John shares how, “the Jews then murmured at him”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment