Saturday, July 16, 2022

Jesus Receives Not Honor From Men - John 5:41

The apostle John wrote how Jesus speaking about the testimony of John the Baptist said, “ I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father has given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father has sent me. And the Father himself, which has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And you have not his word abiding in you: for whom he has sent, him you believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And you will not come to me, that you might have life”, and in chapter five and verse forty-one of his book, John shared how Jesus said, “I receive not honor from men” where we read:

I receive not honor from men.

The verse reads, “I receive not honor ...”. John began with the words, “I receive” or “I, Jesus, do not lay hold of, claim or procure” “not honor” which means “in no way and manner judgment, praise, glory, splendor or brightness”. John shared how Jesus said He did not “lay hold of or procure” “praise and glory” from the following.

The verse goes on to say, “... from men.John continued with Jesus' words, “from men” which means “apart and separate from people whether male or female”. John shared how Jesus said He did not “lay hold of or procure” the “praise and glory” of people.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus did not put His trust or value in the “praise and glory” of people. In other words, the “praise” of man in no way compared to the “honor” of His Father God. God “honored” His Son Jesus, and because He desired to have a personal relationship with every person through Him, God sent Jesus to the world. Anyone who puts their faith and trust in Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord” will be forgiven of their sins and receive everlasting life with God who “honors” His Son Jesus greater than any person can do.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “you have not the love of God in you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment