Friday, July 15, 2022

Another that Bears Witness of Jesus - John 5:32

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, “The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father has life in himself; so has he given to the Son to have life in himself. And has given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. I can of my own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which has sent me. If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true”, and in chapter five and verse thirty-two of his book, John shared how Jesus said, “there is another that bears witness of me” where we read:

There is another that bears witness of me;

and I know that the witness which he witnesses of me is true.

The verse reads, “There is another that bears witness of me;”. John began with the words, “there is another” or “there exists one other” “that bears witness” which means “who gives testimony and a good report” “of me” or “pertaining to Jesus”. John shared how Jesus said there was “another” who “testified” concerning Him.

The verse continues, “and I know that the witness which he witnesses of me is true.John added Jesus' words, “and I know” which means “and I, Jesus, perceive, observe, notice, discern and discover” “that the witness” or “that the good report and testimony” “which he witnesses of me” which means “that he testifies and gives good report about” “is true” or “is non-concealing and truthful”. John shared how Jesus declared the “testimony” given by the “other witness” was valid and truthful.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn of “another” person who gave a “truthful testimony” concerning Jesus. We shall discover this was John the Baptist in our next verse, but for now perhaps our question should be, “what do we testify about Jesus Christ?” Jesus was sent by God the Father into the world to “save” people from their “sins” so they may no longer be separated from Him and inherit eternal life with Him forever. Those who are wise will carefully examine the “witness” of God the Father and John the Baptist concerning Jesus and yield their lives to Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”.

Next time John shares how Jesus says John the Baptist, “bare witness unto the truth”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment