Monday, July 25, 2022

Jesus Not to Do His Own Will - John 6:38

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told the people looking for Him, “I am the bread of life: he that comes to me shall never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, That you also have seen me, and believe not. All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out”, and in chapter six and verse thirty-eight of his book, John shared how Jesus said, “I came down from heaven, not to do my own will” where we read:

For I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him that sent me.

The verse reads,For I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, ...”. John began with the words, “For I came down” or “because, since and on account that I, Jesus, descended” “from heaven” which means “from the region above the sidereal heavens, the seat of order of things eternal and consummately perfect where God dwells and other heavenly beings”, “not to do my own will” or “in no way or manner to perform, produce or make ready my, Jesus', own personal desires and wishes”. John shared how Jesus said He “descended” from “heaven” not to perform His own “desires and wishes”.

The verse continues, “... but the will of him that sent me.” John added the words, “but the will of him” which means “however, nonetheless, notwithstanding and moreover to perform and produce the desire and wish of him, God the Father” “that sent me” or “who dispatched and assigned me, Jesus”. John shared how Jesus said He was purposed to perform the wishes and desires of His Heavenly Father who dispatched Him to the earth.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus “descended” from “Heaven” where His Father God was located, not to perform His own “will”, but for that which His “Father” desired. Jesus will share what that desire is in our next verse, but let it suffice us to know that Jesus surrendered His own “will” to that of His Heavenly Father's for the benefit of mankind. Anyone who puts their faith and trust in Jesus will be forgiven of their sins and inherit everlasting life with God, and because Jesus did as His Father desired, all who are wise will yield their “will” to Him so they too may live forever with God.

Next time John shares how Jesus says, “this is the Father's will which has sent me”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment