Thursday, July 28, 2022

The Living Bread From Heaven - John 6:51

John the apostle wrote how Jesus told the Jewish people looking for Him, “No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that has heard, and has learned of the Father, comes unto me. Not that any man has seen the Father, save he which is of God, he has seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believes on me has everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die”, and in chapter six and verse fifty-one of his book, John shared how Jesus told the people, “I am the living bread which came down from heaven” where we read:

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

The verse reads,I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever:”. John began with the words, “I am the living bread” or “I, Jesus, exist as the fresh, strong, efficient, active, powerful and efficacious food or nourishment” “which came down from heaven” which means “that descended and came forth from the region above the sidereal heavens which is the seat of order of things eternal and consummately perfect where God dwells and other heavenly beings”: “if any man” or “whether any person whether male or female” “eat” or “devour and consume” “of this bread” which means “from this food or nourishment”, “he shall live forever” or “that person whether male or female will enjoy true life, be active, blessed and have vital power to the unbroken age, perpetuity of time and eternity”. John shared how Jesus declared Himself to be the “active, powerful and efficacious” food and nourishment that was sent from the “Heavenly region”, and every person who “consumes and devours” Him will be given “eternal life”.

The verse continues, “... and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” John added the words, “and the bread” which means “and the food and nourishment” “that I will give” or “that I, Jesus, shall bestow, grant, furnish and supply” “is my flesh” which means “is my, Jesus', physical body”, “which I will give” or “that I, Jesus, shall bestow, grant, furnish and supply” “for the life” which means “on behalf of the life real and genuine, a life active and vigorous, devoted to God, blessed, in the portion even in this world of those who put their trust in Christ, but after the resurrection to be consummated by new accessions (among them a more perfect body), and to last for ever” “of the world” or “belonging to the earth, it's inhabitants and the human family”. John shared how Jesus said His “physical body” was the “food and nourishment” provided to the earth and it's inhabitants.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn how Jesus referred to His “physical body” as the “bread” sent from Heaven on behalf of the inhabitants of the world. Jesus came to the world to physically “die” and be “resurrected” so people could put their faith and trust in Him and be eternally “saved”. By believing in Him, or spiritually devouring Him, people will be forgiven of their sins and inherit everlasting life with God. Those who are wise will carefully examine Jesus' words concerning His purpose for coming to the world and realize that He came to grant people an opportunity to live with Him and His Father God for all eternity.

Next time John shares how the people ask, “how can this man give us his flesh to eat?”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment