Sunday, July 17, 2022

Jesus Came in His Father's Name - John 5:43

The apostle John wrote how Jesus said, “I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father has given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father has sent me. And the Father himself, which has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And you have not his word abiding in you: for whom he has sent, him you believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And you will not come to me, that you might have life. I receive not honor from men. But I know you, that you have not the love of God in you”, and in chapter five and verse forty-three of his book, John shared how Jesus said, “I am come in my Father's name, and you receive me not” where we read:

I am come in my Father's name, and you receive me not:

if another shall come in his own name, him you will receive.

The verse reads, “I am come in my Father's name, and you receive me not:”. John began with the words, “I am come” or “I, Jesus, have arisen and appeared” “in my Father's name” which means “within God Jesus' Father's name which is used for everything which the name covers including the thought or feeling of which is aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing and remembering”, “and you receive me not” or “and you, Jewish people who were questioning Him, did not lay hold of, claim, procure or take Jesus unto themselves”. John shared how Jesus said the “Jewish people who were questioning Him” did not “claim or accept” Him even though He “appeared” in the fullness of His Father God's “name”.

The verse goes on to say, “if another shall come in his own name, him you will receive.John continued with the words, “if another shall come” which means “whether an other person will arise and appear” “in his own name” or “within that person whether male or female's own personal name which is used for everything which the name covers including the thought or feeling of which is aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing and remembering”, “him you will receive” which means “that person will you, Jewish people, lay hold of, claim, procure and take unto themselves”. John shared how Jesus said if “another person” appeared to the Jewish people who came in his “own name”, they would “lay hold of and claim” him.

When we think through John's words in this verse, we begin to understand how spiritually blind these Jewish people were. Even though He was “sent” to the world by His Father God, they did not perceive who He was and did not “claim” Him. This was their loss, and anyone who does not “receive” Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord” will discover their error when they stand before God the Father. God's desire is for people to know who His Son Jesus is and “receive” Him into their lives. When they do, they will be forgiven of their sins and inherit everlasting life with God. All others are subject to receive someone else who appears in their “own name” rather than the name of Jesus.

Next time John shares how Jesus asks, “how can you believe, which receive honor one of another?”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment