Thursday, July 28, 2022

Eternal Life Through Jesus' Flesh and Blood - John 6:54

John the apostle wrote how Jesus told the people looking for Him, “I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you have no life in you”, and in chapter six and verse fifty-four of his book, John shared how Jesus told the people, “whoso eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life” where we read:

Whoso eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

The verse reads,Whoso eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, has eternal life;”. John began with the words, “whoso eats my flesh” or “whatever person whether male or female consumes and devours my, Jesus', physical body”, “and drinks my blood” which means “and imbibes my, Jesus', bloodshed”, “has eternal life” or “holds, owns and possesses without beginning and end, never ceasing and everlasting life real and genuine, a life active and vigorous, devoted to God, blessed, in the portion even in this world of those who put their trust in Christ, but after the resurrection to be consummated by new accessions (among them a more perfect body), and to last for ever”. John shared how Jesus declared the person whether male or female who “consumes” His “flesh” and “drinks” His “blood” obtains, owns and possesses “everlasting and never ceasing” “life”.

The verse goes on to say, “and I will raise him up at the last day.” John continued with the words, “and I will raise him up” which means “and I, Jesus, will make to arise and resurrect that person” “at the last day” or “at the final, latter end and uttermost time”. John shared how Jesus added that He would “resurrect” anyone who “consumes” and “imbibes” of Him unto “eternal life”.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn the importance of consuming the “flesh and blood” of Jesus. Jesus' idea was to “believe and trust” in Him as their personal “Savior and Lord”, and anyone who yields to Him in this manner will be granted “everlasting life” with God and the promise of a “resurrection” at the final “day” on the earth. God's love was demonstrated through His Son Jesus, and anyone who submits to Him will receive His gift of “eternal life” with Him forever. Let all who read these words yield themselves to Jesus who alone can give and fulfill these promises.

Next time John shares how Jesus tells the people, “my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment