Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Jesus is the Bread of Life - John 6:48

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told the people looking for Him, “No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that has heard, and has learned of the Father, comes unto me. Not that any man has seen the Father, save he which is of God, he has seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believes on me has everlasting life”, and in chapter six and verse forty-eight of his book, John shared how Jesus tells the people, “I am that bread of life” where we read:

I am that bread of life.

The verse reads,I am that bread of life.”. John began with the words, “I am” or “I, Jesus, exists as” “that bread of life” which means “that food and nourishment” pertaining to “everlasting” spiritual “life” with God. John shared how Jesus again declared Himself to be the spiritual “food and nourishment” for all of “life”.

When we meditate upon John's words in this verse, we learn once again that Jesus is the spiritual “nourishment” that is necessary to inherit everlasting life with God. Any other way is futile, and only those who put their “faith and trust” in Jesus will be “saved”, forgiven of sins and inherit everlasting life. Let all who read these words carefully examine God's “bread of life” and yield themselves to Him.

Next time John shares how Jesus tells the people, “your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

No comments:

Post a Comment