Monday, July 25, 2022

The Father's Will to Lose Nothing - John 6:39

The apostle John wrote how Jesus told the people looking for Him, “I am the bread of life: he that comes to me shall never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, That you also have seen me, and believe not. All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him that sent me”, and in chapter six and verse thirty-nine of his book, John shared how Jesus said, “this is the Father's will which has sent me” where we read:

And this is the Father's will which has sent me,

that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

The verse reads,And this is the Father's will which has sent me, ...”. John began with the words, “And this is the Father's will” or “and the following exists as the Heavenly Father, God's, desire, wish and pleasure” “which has sent me” which means “who dispatched and assigned me, Jesus”. John shared how Jesus declared the following to be His “Heavenly Father's” desire and wish for Him.

The verse goes on to say, “... that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.” John added the words, “that of all” which means “that from each, every, the whole, everything and everyone” “which he has given me” or “that Father God has granted, bestowed, supplied and furnished to me, Jesus” “I should lose nothing” which means “I, Jesus, will have not one thing or person to be lost, ruined or destroyed”, “but should raise it up again” or “moreover and nonetheless will bring forward, cause to appear and be lifted or resurrected another time” “at the last day” which means “at the uttermost part, the end and final time”. John shared how Jesus said everything and everyone His Father God bestowed upon Him would not be “lost”, but it would be and resurrected to be with Him at the “final time” of things.

When we consider John's words in this verse, we discover how Jesus confirmed the desire of His “Father God” who “dispatched” Him, and not one thing or person God “gave” to Him would be “lost”. Everything and everyone His Father gave to Him will be “restored” at the “final day”, but until then, Jesus is the One to whom all people should come for salvation from sins and to receive everlasting life. God loves everyone, and His desire was to send His Son Jesus to be the “Savior and Lord” of everyone who believes and trusts in Him, and those who do will be resurrected to live with Him forever.

Next time John shares how Jesus says the Father's will is, “that every one which sees the Son, and believes on him”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

Look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites,
http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".







 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment