Friday, June 23, 2023

Crying unto the LORD - Psalms 3:4

Psalms chapter three begins with the words, “[[A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.]], and David wrote, “LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But you, O LORD, are a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of my head”, and in chapter three and verse four of the book of Psalms David wrote, “I cried unto the LORD with my voice” where we read,

I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.

The verse begins, “I cried unto the LORD with my voice, ...” David began with the words, “I cried unto the LORD” or “I, David, called out, gave invite and summoned Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “with my voice” which means “by the use of David's vocal sound, noise and thundering”. David shared how he called out to and summoned “Jehovah God” with his physical “voice”.

The verse continues, “and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.” David added the words, “and he heard me” or “and Jehovah God responded, answered and testified as a witness to David” “out of his holy hill” which means “from the LORD's sacred, righteous and consecrated mountain or hill country”. “Selah” or “lift up, exult or pause and think about it”. David wrote how Jehovah God heard and responded to him from His “sacred” mountain, and he instructed those singing or reading this Psalm to pause and think about what he wrote.

When we think through the words in this verse, we discover what David did when he was opposed by so many people “rising up against him” and “causing him trouble”. He “cried out” to God, and God responded to him. God loves people, and His desire is to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus. Those who yield to Him will be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life in Heaven. We should join David and “pause to think about this idea”, and the next time we encounter troubles and onslaughts from others, let us “cry out” to God who will respond when we summon Him.

Next time David says, “I laid me down and slept”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment