Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The Heathen for Your Inheritance - Psalms 2:8

In Psalms chapter two King David wrote how Jehovah God said, “I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD has said unto me, You are my Son; this day have I begotten you”, and in chapter two and verse eight of the book of Psalms David shared how God said, “Ask of me, and I shall give you the heathen for your inheritance” where we read,

Ask of me, and I shall give you the heathen for your inheritance,

and the uttermost parts of the earth for your possession.

The verse begins, “Ask of me, and I shall give you the heathen for your inheritance,”. David began with the words, “Ask of me” or “inquire carefully, request and pray toward me, Jehovah God”, “and I will give you” which means “and I, Jehovah God, will grant, bestow, furnish and supply to you, the royal prince begotten of God” “the heathen” or “the nations which are usually non-Hebrew” “for your inheritance” which means “your, royal prince begotten of God's, possession, property, heritage, portion and share”. David shared how Jehovah God told His “royal prince the Messiah” to request of Him the “nations, both Hebrew and non-Hebrew”, and He would grant them to Him as His portion and share.

The verse goes on to say, “and the uttermost parts of the earth for your possession.” David added the words “and the uttermost parts” or “and the end, final and extremity” “of the earth” which means “belonging to the arable ground, territory, countries and region” “for your possession” or “as your, Jehovah's royal prince and Messiah's, property and land”. David wrote how Jehovah God promised His “royal prince and Messiah” that all the world would be His possession.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how Jehovah God was to grant to His Messiah or “royal prince” not only the “nations” of the world as His portion, but also all the “world” over which to reign and rule. Jesus Christ is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, and He came to the world to be the “appeasing sacrifice” for the sins of mankind. (See Romans 3:25; 1 John 2:2 and 1 John 4:10) God loves people, and when He promised His Son Jesus the “nations” and the “earth”, it was for the benefit of Him and every person who believes and trusts in Him as their “Savior and Lord”. Jesus will rule and reign on the earth, and those who choose to follow Him will “rule and reign” with Him. (See 2 Timothy 2:12 and Revelation 20:6)

Next time David writes how God says, “you shall break them with a rod of iron”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment