Friday, June 23, 2023

Not Afraid of Ten Thousand People - Psalms 3:6

Psalms chapter three begins with the heading, “[[A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.]], and David wrote, “LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But you, O LORD, are a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of my head. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I laid me down and slept; I awoke; for the LORD sustained me”, and in chapter three and verse six of the book of Psalms David wrote, “I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people” where we read,

I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.

The verse begins, “I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, ...” David began with the words, “I will not be afraid” or “I, David, shall in no way fear, stand in awe, dread or be terrified” “of ten thousands of people” which means “pertaining to a myriad or multitude of human beings”. David shared how he in no way would be fearful or dread a multitude of individuals who were in opposition to him.

The verse continues, “... that have set themselves against me round about.” David added the words, “that have set themselves against me” or “who set, stationed, appointed and set their mind to be in opposition and as an enemy to David” “round about” which means “in a circuit around or on every side of David”. David shared how he was not fearful even though the people who were opposed to him were all around him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn how David understood God was more powerful than all his enemies, and even though his enemy was his own son Absalom, not even he and his army were a threat to him. God loves people, and He had a personal relationship with King David. He has made a way for all people to relate to Him through His Son Jesus. Jesus came into the world to die for the sins of all mankind, and anyone who yields to Him will not only be forgiven of their sins and granted everlasting life, but will also inherit the Divine protection of God regardless of how many enemies gather against them. Let us give praise and honor to the LORD for the ability to be courageous and bold even when we are surrounded by our enemies.

Next time David prays, “Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God:”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment