Wednesday, June 21, 2023

God's King on His Holy Hill - Psalms 2:6

King David wrote in the Messianic Psalm when the heathen kings and rulers of the earth say, “Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sits in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure”, and in chapter two and verse six of the book of Psalms David shared how God has,set my king upon my holy hill of Zionwhere we read,

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

The verse begins, “Yet have I set my king …”. David began with the words, “Yet have I” or “as for me, Jehovah God, My own self, has” “set my king” which means “poured out, anointed and installed my, Jehovah God's, royal ruler and prince”. David shared how Jehovah God declared how He installed His own “royal prince” in the next place.

The verse goes on to say, “... upon my holy hill of Zion.” David continued with the words “upon my holy hill” or “on Jehovah God's mountain, country and mount of holiness, separateness and sacredness” “of Zion” which means “belonging to Zion which means parched place and is another name for Jerusalem especially in the prophetic books”. David wrote how Jehovah God would place His “royal ruler” upon His “sacred” place in “Zion or Jerusalem”.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we learn that “Jehovah God” Himself gets involved by installing His own “king”, His Son Jesus, upon the sacred mount or within “Zion” which is also known as Jerusalem. Although the heathen kings and rulers of the earth think they should be in charge, God Himself will choose His royal power, and everyone will submit to Him. Paul the apostle wrote, As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God” (See Isaiah 45:23 and Romans 14:11), and eventually every person will yield to Jesus Christ as Lord and King. God offers an opportunity to receive His Son Jesus as their personal “Savior and Lord” before they breathe their last breath, and those who are wise yield themselves to Him. When they do, He will forgive their sins, grant them everlasting life and rule over their lives from within their hearts.

Next time David writes how God says, “You are my Son; this day have I begotten you”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment