Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Lead Me in Your Righteousness - Psalms 5:8

In Psalms chapter five David wrote, “I will come into your house in the multitude of your mercy: and in your fear will I worship toward your holy temple”, and in chapter five and verse eight of Psalms David wrote, “Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies” where we read,

Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies;

make your way straight before my face.

The verse begins, “Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies;” David began with the words, “Lead me, O LORD” which means “guide and govern me, David, O Jehovah who is the existing one and the proper name of the One True God”, “in your righteousness” or “within your, God's, justice, truthfulness and salvation” “because of my enemies” which means “for the sake, on account and with the purpose and intent of my, David's, foes and hostile opponents”. David asked Jehovah God to guide and govern him by His justice, truthfulness and salvation for the sake of his foes and opposition.

The verse continues, “make your way straight before my face.” David added the words, “make your way straight” or “reveal, direct and lead in your, God's, direction, manner and course” “before my face” which means “in front of my, David's, countenance and presence”. David appealed to the LORD to reveal His path in his presence.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David knew the source for confronting and conquering his “enemies” was to ask the LORD what he should do. He knew the LORD was righteous and just, and when he went before Him with his problems, the LORD would have the best answer. We have an opportunity to ask the LORD God to lead us according to His righteousness because He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. When we put our faith and trust in Him, He will forgive our sins, grant us everlasting life and lead us in His ways when we encounter difficult people and troubles. In other words, let us humble ourselves before the LORD, yield to His plan and ways and gain access to His “righteousness” for handling any situation, circumstance or people that arises against us.

Next time David says, “there is no faithfulness in their mouth”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment