Friday, June 30, 2023

If I Have Done This - Psalms 7:3

In Psalms chapter seven David wrote, “O LORD my God, in you do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me. Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver”, and in chapter seven and verse three of Psalms David added, “O LORD my God, if I have done this” where we read,

O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;

The verse begins, “O LORD my God, if I have done this;” David began with the words, “O LORD” which means “One Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “my God” or “my, David's, supreme being or Deity”, “if I have done this” which means “whether and in case I, David, performed, made ready and produced the reason for the person persecuting him”. David cried out to Jehovah God with the possibility that he caused the person to “persecute” him.

The verse goes on to say, “if there be iniquity in my hands;” David continued with the words, “if there be iniquity” or “whether and in case there exists injustice, unrighteousness and wrong” “in my hands” which means “within my, David's, physical hands”. David added that he might have performed some sort of wickedness or evil with his own physical hands.

When we consider the words in this verse, we see how David cried out to the LORD God and presented before Him the possibility that he caused the troubles he was experiencing. Sometimes we face foes that were our own fault, and other times they were not. God wants to have a personal relationship with every person through His Son Jesus, and when they humble themselves, repent of their sins and receive Jesus into their hearts and lives, they shall have Him as their advocate when “persecutors” come. Let us make our appeal to the LORD as we yield to His Son Jesus, and when we do, may we live in expectation that He will help us whether or not we are to blame for our difficulties.

Next time David adds, “If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me;”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment