Friday, June 30, 2023

Save Me from Persecutors - Psalms 7:1

Psalms chapter seven begins with the heading, “[[Shiggaion of David, which he sang unto the LORD, concerning the words of Cush the Benjamite.]] which breaks down as follows: “Shiggaion” which means “a rambling poem or song” “of David” which means “belonging to David whose name means beloved and was the second king of Israel”, “which he sang unto the LORD” or “that he, David, sung to Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God”, “concerning the words” which means “on the grounds of, basis of, account of and because of the utterance, speaking and communications” “of Cush the Benjamite” or “belonging to Cush whose name means black and was from the tribe of Benjamin whose name means a son of the right hand”, and in Psalms chapter seven and verse one David said, “save me from all them that persecute me” where we read,

O LORD my God, in you do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:

The verse begins, “O LORD my God, in you do I put my trust:” David began with the words, “O LORD” which means “O Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “my God” or “my, David's, ruler, judge and supreme One”, “in you do I put my trust” which means “within you, Jehovah , place I, David's, refuge, protection, hope and confidence”. David told Jehovah God that his “hope, faith and confidence” was within Him.

The verse goes on to say, “save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:” David continued with the words, “save me” or “rescue, liberate and deliver me, David” “from all them” which means “separate and apart from each, every, the whole and everyone of the people” “that persecute me” or “who pursue, harass and chase me, David”, “and deliver me” which means “and snatch away, rescue, preserve and recover me, David”. David asked Jehovah to rescue and preserve him from every person who harassed and troubled him.

When we meditate upon the words in this verse, we discover how David had another adversary for which he placed his hope and confidence within the LORD God. It is uncertain whether this Psalm was written by David when he was being chased by Saul which could have been the reference to “Cush the Benjamite” or whether there was a foe actually named “Cush” for whom David was concerned. Whatever the case, David appealed to Jehovah God to rescue and liberate him from every person who was harassing him. Because David trusted in the LORD, he was able to freely ask Him for His defense and protection. God wants an intimate relationship with every person, and He sent His Son Jesus to die for the sins of all mankind so they may be forgiven and free to appeal to Him. God is our defense, security and Savior, and through His Son Jesus we can appeal to Him whenever anyone comes against us in a harassing way.

Next time David adds, “Lest he tear my soul like a lion”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment