Thursday, June 29, 2023

The LORD has Heard - Psalms 6:9

In Psalms chapter six David wrote, “I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. My eye is consumed because of grief; it waxes old because of all my enemies. Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity; for the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping”, and in chapter six and verse nine David wrote, “the LORD has heard my supplication” where we read,

The LORD has heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer.

The verse begins with the words, “The LORD has heard my supplication;” David began with the words, “The LORD” which means “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “has heard” or “has listened, given heed to and granted” “my supplication” which means “my, David's, favor, grace and entreaty”. David shared how Jehovah graciously listened to his cause and entreaty.

The verse goes on to say, “the LORD will receive my prayer.” David continued with the words, “the LORD” or “Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name for the One True God” “will receive my prayer” which means “will take, lay hold of, seize, acquire and be captured by my, David's, intercession, supplication and by implication David's song”. David wrote how Jehovah would lay hold of and seize his supplication and song.

When we consider the words in this verse, we learn how David understood that God listened to his intercession, and he knew Jehovah would lay hold of his supplication. God desires to listen to people when they yield themselves to His Son Jesus, and He sent Jesus to grant access to mankind to relate to Him. When we surrender our lives to Jesus, He will forgive our sins and grant us everlasting life. Then when we encounter troubles caused by ourselves or others, we may cry out to God who will “hear” our prayers and take them upon Himself. God will forgive the sins of every person who yields to His Son Jesus, and He will give them eternal life and access to Him for whatever they encounter. Let us give praise and honor to the God who hears and has the answer to every prayer we bring before His throne of grace.

Next time David says, “let all my enemies be ashamed and sore vexed”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment