Thursday, June 29, 2023

Depart Workers of Iniquity - Psalms 6:8

In Psalms chapter six David wrote, “I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. My eye is consumed because of grief; it waxes old because of all my enemies”, and in chapter six and verse eight of Psalms David wrote, “Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity” where we read,

Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity; for the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.

The verse begins with the words, “Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity;” David began with the words, “Depart from me” which means “turn aside, be removed, taken away and abolished apart and separate from me, David”, “all you workers” or “each, every, the whole and everyone of you who make, practice and commit” “of iniquity” which means “trouble, wickedness, sorrow and idolatry”. David commanded every one of the people who practice and commit trouble and wickedness to be removed from him.

The verse continues, “for the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.” David added the words, “for the LORD” or “because, since and on account that Jehovah who is the existing One and the proper name of the One True God” “has heard the voice” which means “has listened, consented to and granted audience to the sound and tone” “of my weeping” or “pertaining to my, David's, sore overflowing and continual tears” . David proclaimed that Jehovah God listened to his sorrow and tear filled words.

When we think through the words in this verse, we learn how David was able to instruct the “producers of wickedness” to leave him because Jehovah God listened to him when he poured out his sorrowful words before Him. Many times other people and our own hearts will condemn us, but God is greater than them both. (See 1 John 3:20) God wants to hear from us, and He loves when we cry out to Him for salvation and rescue. He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of the whole world, and when we submit to Him, we receive forgiveness and eternal life from Him. Let us give praise, honor and glory to the LORD God who listens to us when we confront enemies both without and within.

Next time David says, “the LORD has heard my supplication”, so read ahead, and we shall join together then.

Until tomorrow…there is more…

See more devotionals on the website "thewordfortodaywithray.com" or look for the daily devotional book “Equipped for Battle – From Generation to Generation”, the marriage book “So, You Want to Be Married”, “One Year in the Sermon on the Mount” and the new poetry book "Random Mushrooms Volumes I and II" and the new novel "Elizabeth County" in all major bookstore sites, http://www.amazon.com ; http://www.barnesandnobles.com ; download to e-books, and find it locally at www.mrzlc.com/bookstore. All references are from "Strongs Concordance".








 

No comments:

Post a Comment